Students doing a Mathematics or Statistics major must take MATH2060 Professional Issues and Ethics in Mathematics unless the professional education requirement is being met in the other discipline of a double major. If you are doing a Mathematics or Statistics major and didn't take MATH2060 in Stage 2, then you will need to take MATH2060 in Stage 3.
Not all Level III courses in Mathematics and Statistics are offered every year. If a course is not being offered in a particular year, the course entry below will indicate that.
Students proceeding to Year 4 (Honours) in some area of Mathematics or Statistics should consult with the relevant Honours Directors (see the information about Honours) before making a final choice of Level III courses.
- MATH3041 Mathematical Modelling
- MATH3101 Computational Mathematics
- MATH3121 Mathematical Methods and Partial Differential Equations
- MATH3161 Optimization
- MATH3201 Dynamical Systems and Chaos
- MATH3261 Fluids, Oceans and Climate
- MATH3311 Mathematical Computing for Finance
- MATH3411 Information, Codes and Ciphers
- MATH3511 Transformations, Groups and Geometry
- MATH3521 Algebraic Techniques in Number Theory
- MATH3531 Topology and Differential Geometry
- MATH3560 History of Mathematics
- MATH3570 Foundations of Calculus
- MATH3611 Higher Analysis
- MATH3701 Higher Topology and Differential Geometry
- MATH3711 Higher Algebra
- MATH3801 Probability and Stochastic Processes
- MATH3811 Statistical Inference
- MATH3821 Statistical Modelling and Computing
- MATH3831 Statistical Methods in Social and Market Research
- MATH3841 Statistical Analysis of Dependent Data
- MATH3901 Higher Probability and Stochastic Processes
- MATH3911 Higher Statistical Inference
- MATH3851 Experimental Design and Categorical Data
Note that Projects are resticted to the best students and need special permission. See Rules for Mathematics Thesis and Project Courses.