In this section, we explain why studying Mathematics and Statistics at UNSW is a good choice. There is information on HSC course selection, including HSC Plus, and assumed knowledge to enable you to make the right subject choices in your final years of high school.
Please see the menu items to the left to explore this section.
Our School is a vibrant place, and we aim to encourage student participation in mathematics. We run an annual Girls Do the Maths workshop which gives female year 11 and 12 students a glimpse of the infinite possibilities that arise from the study of mathematics and statistics. The University also holds a popular School Mathematics Competition every year which is open to high school students.
For high school mathematics teachers, we have Teacher Resources available to help teachers to maximise their students’ potential in mathematics and statistics.
Please contact our Communications Officer Susannah Waters (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like more information about high school outreach events that we hold throughout the year, or if you would like to request a school visit.
- See our Stick with Maths brochure, specifically aimed at high school students
- Take a look at our latest School brochure, outlining the ways to study maths at UNSW
- HSC Tips & Tricks booklet
- View our School Report
- Scholarships for School Leavers brochure
- Careers in maths and stats - see AMSI's career guide
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.