The group, which is internationally recognised, underpins computational modelling in every area of technology and science. Some areas of special focus include advanced methods for differential and integral equations, and algorithms for high dimensional problems.
Academic and research staff in the group make extensive use of high performance computing and advanced visualisation, in combination with modern analysis.
- High dimensional integration, quasi Monte-Carlo methods, complexity
- Approximation and cubature on the sphere
- Computational approaches to PDEs and boundary integral equations
- Time-stepping and parallel-time algorithms for evolutionary problems
- Application to three-dimensional tumour growth and water waves models
- Direct and inverse scattering
- Adaptive methods for elliptic and parabolic problems
- Iterative methods and preconditioners for PDEs
- Numerical methods for continuous and nonsmooth optimization problems
- Algorithms for high performance (parallel) computers.
- Kim Ngan Le
- Local Support: School of Mathematics and Statistics Computing Centre
- Faculty of Science: Faculty of Science HPC site
- UNSW: UNSW HPC site
- Regional: Intersect
- National: High Performance Computing
- MATH2301 Mathematical Computing
- MATH3101 Computational Mathematics
- MATH3311 Mathematical Computing for Finance
- MATH5305 Computational Mathematics
- MATH5335 Computational Methods for Finance