Optimisation is about finding the "best" way to do a task, subject to any restrictions. Research in optimisation includes model development, analysis, numerical techniques and applications.
- Nonlinear programming
- Nonsmooth analysis and optimisation
- Global optimisation
- Applied nonlinear functional analysis
- Semidefinite programming
- Optimal control for cancer chemotherapy
- Numerical methods for nonsmooth problems
- Integer programming
- Stochastic programming
- Robust optimisation
- Application of optimisation techniques to:Approximation; biology; finance; engineering; statistics; data mining; open pit mining; minimise aircraft delays; efficiently recover disrupted airline schedules; schedule single track rail freight; scheduling port operations.
- MATH3161 Optimisation Methods
- MATH3041 Mathematical Modelling for Real World Systems