Accommodation for students from outside the Sydney region will be at the New College Village (H3). All rooms have their own bathroom and either their own kitchenette or a shared kitchen/lounge area. All AMSI supported rooms will be apartment style rooms. For more details see the New College Village accommodation page.
If your accommodation is being paid for by AMSI, breakfast (7:30am-8:30am) and dinner (6:30pm) will be served in the Unibar Bistro in the Roundhouse (E6).
Sydney Airport to UNSW
- Taxi: A taxi is about $30 and will take about 15 minutes.
- Bus: The bus costs $4.50 and takes about 30 minutes. Take the 400 bus in the direction of Bondi Junction. This will take you directly to UNSW stopping outside New College Village on ANZAC Parade. (Bus maps and timetables.) Catch it from outside the arrivals hall of the QANTAS domestic terminal T3. Be careful NOT to catch the bus to Rockdale or Burwood! If in doubt, ask the driver. If arriving at terminal T2 (Jetstar/Virgin/Tiger), walk through the carpark to get to terminal T3. A cash ticket of $4.50 can be purchased on the bus.
UNSW to Sydney Airport
- Taxi: A taxi is about $30 and will take about 15 minutes. Hail a taxi on Anzac Parade or call 131008.
- Bus: If taking the bus to the airport, allow lots of spare time! The bus costs $4.50, usually takes about 40 minutes but may take up to 1 hour. It runs approximately every 20 minute. Take the 400 bus, from the stop on Anzac Parade opposite New College Village, in the direction of Burwood. Note that only buses going to Burwood stop at the airport. If in doubt, ask the driver. This will take you directly the airport stopping outside the arrivals hall of the QANTAS domestic terminal T3. (Bus maps and timetables.) Terminal T2 (Jetstar/Virgin/Tiger) is a short walk through the carpark from terminal T3.
Central Station to UNSW
- Catch the 393 or 395 from Eddy Avenue to UNSW ANZAC Parade. (Bus maps and timetables.) Many other buses go to UNSW. See below for more details.
General Bus information
Casual pay and display parking is available on level 5 of the Barker St carpark (N18) accessed via gate 14. The cost is approximately $17 per day. Parking on local streets is also possible, but be very careful to check signs for parking restrictions and do not park too close to driveways or cross streets.