|Room:||RC-5108, Red Centre|
|Research Gateway profile:||https://research.unsw.edu.au/people/dr-mike-hirschhorn|
Mike Hirschhorn is a member of the Combinatorics research group. He studies applications of q-series to problems in additive number theory. A greater part of his work is bound up in elucidating results due to Ramanujan.
- Lectures on "The power of q", University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, July 2014.
|Part I||Part II||Part III||Part IV||Part V||Part VI||Part VII|
- Some properties of the partitions of a number (Presented at "The Combinatorics of q-series and Partitions", Nankai University, Tian-jin, China, August 2013.
- Simple proofs of Ramanujan's partition congruences (Presented at the Workshop on q-series, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China, July 2013)
- Some modular equations in Ramanujan’s notebooks (Presented at the International Conference “The Legacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan”, Delhi, India, December 17–22, 2012)
- My contact with Ramanujan (Presented at the International Conference “The Legacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan”, SASTRA, Kumbakonam, India, December 14–15, 2012)
- Factorisations of certain identities of Ramanujan (Presented at the International Conference on the Works of Srinivasa Ramanujan and Related Topics, Mysore, India, December 12–14, 2012)
- An identity that changed the course of history (Presented at Ramanujan 125, Gainesville USA, 6 November 2012)
MathSoc Integration Bee (February 2014)
Mike's Monthly Maths Mysteries
Problems and solutions from Mike's Facebook series, Mike's Monthly Maths Mysteries.
|MMMM2 Xmas Edition||Problem||Solution|
Mike's Maths Mysteries
Problems and solutions from Mike's popular Facebook series, Mike's Maths Mysteries.
|MMM5 - Pi Day||Problem||Solution|