Use this form to indicate your preferences for tutorial classes in semester 2 2017.
This form is only to be used by casual staff who have previously taught in the School of Mathematics and Statistics UNSW or who have been placed on an eligibility list. Applicants with no previous experience with the School should instead fill out the CASUAL TEACHING ELIGIBILITY LIST APPLICATION form available at www.maths.unsw.edu.au/about/information-sessional-tutors .
- The number of tutorials that need to be staffed varies from year to year. The submission of this form does not guarantee employment.
- Applications will not be processed until mid July and part-time loads will not be finalised until late in Week 1 of Semester 2.
- There are no first year tutorials in Week 1.
- On the afternoon of Friday 28th July you will be contacted by email regarding the outcome of your application.
- Note that Semester 2 tutorials commence in Week 2 on Monday 31st July.
- Due to classes being amalgamated or closed down your load may fluctuate during session.
- As a condition of being employed as a part time tutor, you must agree to be available to help with paid examination marking at the end of session.
- All first year tutors must be familiar with the Maple symbolic algebra package.
- Some first year tutors must enter the test marks for their class(es) into the school’s database via the staff web portal as the semester progresses.
- Rates of pay can be found at www.hr.unsw.edu.au/services/salaries/casacsal.html
- Applications for Semester 1, 2018 can be made in January 2018.
- Applications close for semester 2, 2017 on Friday 14th July 2017.
Fill out the details below and click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. A confirmation will be sent to the email that you provide. If you do not receive this email, please check with Jonathan Kress (email@example.com) to ensure your application has been received.