This application form is only for tutors who have not previsiously worked as a tutor in the School of Mathematics and Statistics at UNSW Sydney. Applicants who already have previous teaching experience with the School should instead fill out the application for existing tutors form.
Fill out all mandatory fields and then click the "Submit" button at the bottom of this page. You will recieve an automatic email confirmation of this application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to successfully present a short demonstration to a small group of staff members. For further information on this demostration, refer to the School's information for casual tutors page.
Applications lodged here will usually be dealt with in January for term 1 and a few weeks before terms 2 and 3.
If you are successful:
- You must fill complete the application for casual teaching webform.
- Being on the eligible list does not guarantee employment.
- You will need to attend a briefling shortly before the start of term. You will receive details about this separately.
- If you are given classes, you will be given initial information and class rolls (in your pigeon hole (room RC-3080) while on campus or via weblink when working off campus, during COVID restrictions). You should check this regularly for updated rolls and other information. You must also check your UNSW staff email regularly for any announcements related to your teaching.
- The School has an ongoing mentoring program for all new tutors. You will receive information about this at the pre-term briefing.