How to Vary Your Mathematics Enrolment

Further information can be obtained from Student Central or online through myUNSW.

Students are permitted to vary their enrolment themselves, usually up until the end of Week 1 for a main trimester. For Summer, this time is much shorter.

For the remaining weeks after this, or up until the Census Date, you can apply to vary your enrolment, but this will not always be permitted as you would have a significant amount of work to catch up on.

Students in a Higher Maths course where there is an equivalent Ordinary course, such as MATH1141 with MATH1131, are allowed to apply to drop from the Higher to the Ordinary course up until the census date and no later.

If the variation is between Mathematics courses and after the time you can do it yourself, then you should approach the Student Services Office - phone: (02) 9385 7011/7053, Red Centre Room 3072/3088 or the Director of Undergraduate Studies - phone: (02) 9385 7060, Red Centre Room 5103. If the variation means you will pick up a non-Maths course then the course authority for that course needs to be approached.

Students are also permitted to drop a course themselves up until the end of Week 6 with no academic penalty (meaning it will disappear from your transcript). However, once the Census Date has passed you will be required to pay for the course.

Students should seek academic advice before changing their enrolment.