Please note that this page contains historical information about the courses offered in year 2018 and earlier. For up to date information about the current courses please visit the updated course pages.
Below is a list of third- and higher-year courses taught in Semester 1 with links to their respective course homepages.
Note that prior to the start of a semester, the course homepage may still refer to a previous semester.
- MATH3041 Mathematical Modelling for Real World Systems
- MATH3101 Computational Mathematics
- MATH3161 Optimization
- MATH3521 Algebraic Techniques in Number Theory
- MATH3560 History of Mathematics
- MATH3570 Foundations of Calculus
- MATH3611 Higher Analysis
- MATH3711 Higher Algebra
- MATH3801 Probability and Stochastic Processes
- MATH3811 Statistical Inference
- MATH3831 Statistical Methods in Social and Market Research
- MATH3871 Bayesian Inference and Computations
- MATH3901 Higher Probability and Stochastic Processes
- MATH3911 Higher Statistical Inference
Higher-Year and Project Courses
Are you looking for a challenge? Well-prepared undergraduates may also enrol in project or honours or postgraduate coursework courses. If you are interested, you should discuss this with the course coordinator and/or the Honours coordinator in the relevant Department. Many of our Distinction students take Honours courses for undergraduate credit: this is a great way to broaden your mathematical education, especially as many Honours courses do not run every year.