The Faculty of Science Vacation Scholarships
Vacation scholarships aim to:
- provide students with experience in an area of research
- provide students with an insight into future opportunities in the area of research
- encourage and attract high quality students interested in pursuing a career in research and/or academia.
The Faculty of Science at UNSW invites applications from undergraduates wishing to take part in research activities during the Summer Vacation
Each Scholarship is valued at $3,800 for a 6-week research project. Applicants must be Australian/New Zealand residents who are currently enrolled in the senior years of an undergraduate program in science or a related discipline.
The expected cost of full-board accommodation at one of the University colleges is approximately $300 per week. The University campus is situated in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, close to surfing beaches such as Coogee, Bondi and Maroubra, and close to shopping centres and entertainment venues.
Scholarships are available in the following research disciplines:
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Biological, Earth and Environmental Science
- Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Optometry and Vision Science
- Climate Change Research Centre
Applications and further information for the Faculty of Science Research Scholarships can be viewed via this webpage.
Applications open 21 August and close 22 September 2017.
For student's wishing to be considered for a Vacation Scholarship for 2017-2018 within the School of Mathematics and Statistics will need to apply through the Faculty of Science Vaction Scholarship. For further details and where to apply please visit this webpage. The deadline is set by the Faculty of Science and is 22nd September 2017.