The Research Workshop on Function Spaces and Applications was held at UNSW from 2 - 6 December 2008.
The workshop aimed to bring together engineers and mathematicians to exchange problems, solutions and ideas and to foster both interdisciplinary and in-disciplinary research and collaboration. The focus of the workshop was on function spaces and their applications in the wide sense, including:
- Functional and Harmonic Analysis and PDE
- Image and Signal Processing
- Besov, Lizorkin-Triebel and Sobolev Spaces
- Optimal Computation Problems, Algorithms and Complexity
- Functional Calculus and Vector-Valued Functions
- Wavelets, Splines and Stochastic Models
For more details, please see the webpage: Function Spaces and Applications.