46 postgraduate students, 100 person-years of research, 1 day!
The School Postgraduate Conference is a one-day event showcasing postgraduate research in the UNSW School of Mathematics and Statistics. Our best and brightest will present on topics as diverse as optimisation, number theory, and Bayesian statistics, on research ranging from the purely theoretical to problems motivated by cell biology, insurance, and oceanography.
Talks will be scheduled in parallel sessions from 9:30am to 5pm on October 1, Colombo Theatres, and will be followed by an after-party at the White House. Food and drink provided.
We’re excited to announce five plenary speakers…
Presenting results from their recent papers in top international maths/stats journals:
· Isaac Donnelly (Journal of Computational Physics)
· Francis Hui (Journal of the American Statistical Association)
· Anna Tomskova (Studia Mathematica)
And with full-length talks they recently presented at overseas conferences:
· Jieyi He (Joint Statistical Meetings, Boston USA)
· Yuguang Wang (Constructive Function conference, Vanderbilt University)
Looking forward to seeing you there!