The following is a list of courses we offer Mathematics and Statistics majors at third year.
Not all Level III courses in Mathematics and Statistics are offered every year. If a course is not being offered in a particular year, the course entry below will indicate that.
Students proceeding to Year 4 (Honours) in some area of Mathematics or Statistics should consult with the relevant Honours Directors (see the information about Honours) before making a final choice of Level III courses.
- MATH3041 Mathematical Modelling for Real World Systems
- MATH3101 Computational Mathematics
- MATH3121 Mathematical Methods and Partial Differential Equations
- MATH3161 Optimization
- MATH3201 Dynamical Systems and Chaos
- MATH3261 Fluids, Oceans and Climate
- MATH3311 Mathematical Computing for Finance
- MATH3411 Information, Codes and Ciphers
- MATH3521 Algebraic Techniques in Number Theory
- MATH3531 Topology and Differential Geometry
- MATH3560 History of Mathematics
- MATH3570 Foundations of Calculus
- MATH3611 Higher Analysis
- MATH3701 Higher Topology and Differential Geometry
- MATH3711 Higher Algebra
- MATH3801 Probabilty and Stochastic Processes
- MATH3901 Higher Probability and Stochastic Processes
- MATH3811 Statistical Inference
- MATH3911 Higher Statistical Inference
- MATH3821 Statistical Modelling and Computing
- MATH3831 Statistical Methods in Social and Market Research
- MATH3841 Statistical Analysis of Dependent Data
- MATH3851 Experimental Design and Categorical Data
Note that Projects are resticted to the best students and need special permission. See Rules for Mathematics Thesis and Project Courses.