The School of Mathematics and Statistics at UNSW runs an annual series of free, one-day workshops for female students finishing their high school studies (years 10 - 12). The aim of the workshop series is to encourage female students to consider mathematics as a career.
During the workshop, invited speakers will talk about their careers, and there will be sessions on the practicalities of university life, including information about our courses and degrees, applying for scholarships, programs for talented students. These will be complemented by a tour of the UNSW Kensington campus, including a visit to an undergraduate mathematics lecture. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
The 2019 workshop will be held on Friday 20th September 2019 at the Roundhouse, UNSW.
More information will be provided soon.
Want to know more?
Our 2019 speakers are:
- 2019 UNSW Women in Maths + Stats Ambassador, Professor Kate Smith-Miles, University of Melbourne
- Professor Igor Shparlinski, UNSW Sydney, School of Mathematics and Statistics
- Professor Catherine Greenhill, UNSW Sydney, School of Mathematics and Statistics
2019 Student and School Registration Forms
- List of speakers from previous Girls Do The Maths workshops
- Read about two students' experiences of the workshop: The 2011 Girls Do The Maths Scholarship recipient Dorothy Cheung, and Advanced Maths Honours student Michela Castagnone.
Dr. Donna Salopek, Dr. Alina Ostafe and Dr. Anita Liebenau (Coordinators)
Girls Do The Maths
School of Mathematics and Statistics, UNSW