In this section, we explain why studying Mathematics and Statistics at UNSW is an excellent choice. There is information on HSC course selection, including HSC Plus, and assumed knowledge to enable you to make the right subject choices in your final years of high school.
- Please see the menu items to the left to explore this section.
Our School is a vibrant place, and we aim to encourage student participation in mathematics. We run an annual Girls Do the Maths workshop which gives female year 11 and 12 students a glimpse of the infinite possibilities that arise from the study of mathematics and statistics. The University also holds a popular School Mathematics Competition every year which is open to high school students.
For high school mathematics teachers, we have Teacher Resources available to help teachers to maximise their students’ potential in mathematics and statistics.
- Teacher Resources
- View our latest Undergraduate programs brochure, outlining the ways to study maths at UNSW
- HSC Tips & Tricks booklet (from our 2019 Open Day sessions)
- View our most recent School Report
- Outreach initiatives
- Info about school visits
- See our Scholarships webpage
- Careers in maths and stats - see AMSI's career guide
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.