Faculty of Science
School of Mathematics and Statistics
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Mathematics and Statistics is the largest in Australia and a major centre of research in the mathematical sciences. The School has notable strengths in fundamental research right through to cutting edge applications.
The School is seeking an experienced mathematics teacher with strong mathematical training and an interest and recent involvement in teaching advanced mathematics units in years 11 and 12 to fill a Teaching Fellow position for the 2018 academic year.
About the role
- A$89K – A$95K per year (plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- Salary supplementation may be included to match the NSW Government Teachers Award Agreement
- 1 year fixed-term
- Full-time appointment
The position was established to enhance existing links between UNSW Sydney and secondary schools and provide an opportunity for sharing ideas about the circumstances of first year students and approaches to teaching.
The appointee will conduct tutorials in first year mathematics subjects for up to 12 hours per week and assist in subject assessment, administration and curriculum development, outreach activities; and, in accordance with their interest and capacity, they may also deliver lectures and engage in mathematical scholarship or research. At the conclusion of their appointment, the appointee will be required to provide a report on their experiences and impressions of the teaching and curriculum.
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- A degree in Mathematics or related discipline
- Strong mathematics background
- Demonstrated experience in teaching mathematics with recent involvement in teaching mathematics in years 11 and 12
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in promoting mathematical thinking in schools and community
Applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to these roles. Please apply online as applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contacts listed. Women and people from EEO groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Professor Bruce Henry; Email: email@example.com
Dr Jonathan Kress; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30 June 2017
- For more information about the Teaching Fellow program, see our webpage
For full details of this position and application procedure, go to http://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/ and then click “search for jobs”.