Postdoctoral Fellow in
Additive Combinatorics and Number Theory
School of Mathematics and Statistics
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
Applications are sought for a Postdoctoral Fellow position in Additive Combinatorics and Number Theory in the School of Mathematics and Statistics, UNSW Sydney.
About the role
· A$90K – A$96K per year (plus up to 17% superannuation and leave loading)
· Full-time position for a fixed term of up to 2 years and is available for commencement on 1 February 2018
· No teaching duty is required
The position is funded by an Australian Research Council Discovery Project Grant. The core of this project is to advance the recently emerging combination of additive combinatorics, analytic number theory and algebraic geometry with applications to the theory of finite fields.
The successful applicant will play a leading role within a research project led by Professor Igor Shparlinski and is expected to publish in leading international journals.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- PhD in Mathematics, or be close to completing one, in additive combinatorics or analytic number theory
- Demonstrated ability to publish in internationally refereed journals relative to opportunity
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem-solving skills supported by a strong publication record
Applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role. You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure quality and diversity in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff.
We strongly encourage female applicants and actively support women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives including generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Professor Igor Shparlinski
Applications close: 1 October 2017
For full details of this position and application procedure, go to http://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/ and then click “search for jobs”