Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Statistics/Data Science (2 positions)
School of Mathematics and Statistics, UNSW Sydney
* One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
* Dynamic campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
* Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
* Enjoy a flexible working environment that genuinely values work/life balance
* At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Sydney is the only university in Australia to be ranked in the top 100 in the world in Mathematics and Statistics by each of the four ranking bodies: CWTS Leiden, ARWU, USNews, QS. The School of Mathematics and Statistics at UNSW is a major centre of research and teaching in the mathematical sciences. It has notable strengths in fundamental research right through to groundbreaking applications.
The School is seeking appointments at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level for people whose teaching and research interests align with one or more of our existing programs. Applications in all areas are welcome and one of the appointments will be in the area of Data Science or Statistics.
ABOUT THE ROLES
* 2 x roles available - $101K – A$119K (Level B) or A$123K – A$141K (Level C) per year (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading) Tenure Track Appointments (5 years initially)
* PhD or equivalent qualification in a relevant mathematical science
* Demonstrated research ability in Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics, Statistics, or Data Science, which aligns with the research directions in the School
* Evidence of effective teaching experience
* A strong publication record in the top, peer-reviewed journals
* A capacity to continue productive research at the international level
* A record of, or demonstrated potential for, success in external research funding
* Strong dedication to independent research and research leadership
* Additional criteria apply for the Senior Lecturer (Level C) position; please refer to the selection criteria in the position description.
Applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to these roles.
Applications should be made online and should systematically address the selection criteria in their applications.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality and diversity in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage.
We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply via:
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.maths.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
Advertised: 19 Jun 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 17 Jul 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time