The Educational Support Service, located in the Hub, is part of Student Life and Learning (SLL) services and works collaboratively with other SLL services, such as CAPS, Learning Centre, SEADU, SDI etc. to provide support to students on a wide range of welfare and study related issues.
Students can access 1:1 support through in person appointments, or telephone or email contact with an Educational Support Advisor.
Available support around exam time includes:
- Strategies and tips on preparing for exams, staying calm in exams, and dealing with exam stress and anxiety
- Strategies to work out how students can get the best from their exams and work out ways to improve their exam performance
- Referral to other SLL services, as appropriate.
Other support provided by the team includes:
- Support and assistance on welfare related concerns such as financial, tenancy, drug and alcohol concerns, access to legal services, and much more
- Strategies to work out how students can get the best from their studies, develop better study habits, and work out ways to improve their academic performance
- Assistance with university processes such as special consideration applications, grade appeals, course variation or withdrawal.
For more information or to make an appointment:
When: Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm)
The Hub, Student Development - Participation and Engagement
Lower Ground Floor l Morven Brown Building (Opp. CLB Theatres)