This seminar will be streamed live. Visit our YouTube channel on Monday at 10.30am to tune in.
In this presentation Jim Cooper will address the issues and challenges for the future of education and how Maplesoft is committed to offer tools such as Möbius™ to handle these challenges.
Möbius™ is a comprehensive online courseware environment that focuses on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). It is built on the notion that people learn by doing. With Möbius, students can explore important concepts using engaging, interactive applications, visualize problems and solutions, and test their understanding by answering questions that are graded instantly.
Throughout the entire lesson, students remain actively engaged with the material and receive constant feedback that solidifies their understanding.
When you use Möbius to develop and deliver your online offerings, you remain in full control of your content and the learning experience.
- Bring your online vision to life, including online courses, open-access courses, formative testing, placement and remediation programs, independent learning, outreach programs, and flipped or blended classrooms.
- Provide exactly the content you want, from individual lessons and textbook supplements, to full courses, remedial materials, enrichment content, and more.
- Choose the learning experience by allowing students open access to your course material or guiding them along a specific learning path.
- Stay in control of your content, creating and customizing materials as you wish to suit your needs.
- Save your students money by dropping a traditional textbook, while simultaneously improving the learning experience.
About the speaker
Maplesoft is the world’s premier provider of advanced mathematics software. As President and CEO, Jim Cooper oversees all aspects of the company’s operations including strategic business planning and product direction, research and development, sales & marketing and financial performance.
Jim has 25 years of experience in corporate management of advanced technology business ventures leading to his role as President and CEO of Maplesoft. He has successfully developed a number of high technology startups into successful companies. Prior to joining Maplesoft, he co-owned WESCAM. He was President and founder of TRF Inc., the maker of digital Input Devices for the 3D animation industry. Prior to this, he was also the General Manager of Alias-Eclipse which became a division of Alias-Wavefront, a world renowned 3D graphics and animation company.