The next professional development day for high school mathematics teachers will be held on Thursday 1st November 2018. It will cover a selection of new topics in the new HSC syllabuses for HSC Standard Mathematics, HSC Mathematics and HSC Mathematics Extensions 1 and 2.
The program is planned to included the following sessions (but is subject to change before the day):
- Vectors and geometry (ME-V1)
- Vectors, lines, forces and projectile motion (ME-V1)
- Vectors, lines and projections (MEX-V1, ME-V1)
- Differential equations, direction fields and modelling (ME-C3)
- Networks and paths (MS-N1, MS-N2)
- Critical path analysis (MS-N3)
- The max-flow/min-cut theorem (MS-N3)
- Discrete random variables including the binomial (MA-S2, ME-S1)
- Continuous random variables (MA-S2, MA-S3)
- Thinking Statistically (TBC)
- Randomised assessments
- The nature of proof (MEX-P1, MEX-P2)
For all details, and to sign up, please visit our Maths Teachers PD Day webpage.